This library provides a set of templates for NGO and community mental health and addiction providers to inform their own policy and procedure development to ensure services adhere to legislation, contractual requirements, Ngā Paerewa Health and Disability Services Standards NZS 8134:2021, and best practice.
The templates are being reviewed to align with the six sections of the new standards, these are:
- Ō Tātou Motika | Our rights (Replaces consumer rights)
- Hunga mahi me te Hanganga | Workforce and structure (Replaces organisational management)
- Ngā huarahi ki te oranga | Pathways to wellbeing (Replaces service delivery continuum)
- Te aro ki te tangata me te taiao haumaru / Person-centred and safe environment (Replaces safe and appropriate environments)
- Te kaupare pokenga me te kaitiakitanga patu huakita | Infection prevention & antimicrobial stewardship (Replaces infection prevention and control)
- Here taratahi | Restraint and seclusion (Replaces restraint minimisation and safe practice)
Using the templates
These templates require each organisation’s input, tailoring, and authorisation before being ready for use.
There are some things to consider when using these templates:
- Format: The templates are designed to follow a standard policy template structure that aligns with best practice. If you have the resourcing, then you can modify the format when you download templates to align with your organisation's format. Otherwise use the current format and adapt the template to reflect your organisation's specific information.
- Links: The templates include helpful links relevant to sector, legislative, and best practice sources. If the links are not working, check your security or user settings and refresh to allow access.
- Updates: Bracketed dates refer to the last time the policy was updated.
If you have any queries about the policy library or the individual templates, please contact us via email@example.com.
Please note: While every effort is made to keep the policy and procedure templates and related information on this website up to date, organisations themselves must ensure all policies and procedures implemented within their respective organisation comply with all legislative and contract requirements.